Tuesday 21 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesdays #1: Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer (Elemental #3)

So this is a first WoW feature, and I'm not going to be brief. In fact I'm probably going to rant a little bit. Fangirl ranting of course.

Title: Spirit (Elemental #3)
Author: Brigid Kemmerer



Goodreads Synopsis:

With power comes enemies. Lots of them.

Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He’s learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can’t seem to afford any allies.

He’s up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.

Then there’s Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She’s not hostile. She’s bold. Funny. Hot. But she’s got an agenda, too.

With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he’ll have to find someone he can trust…




So the cover is probably the prettiest of all the other covers. I've only read the core series, I haven't gotten around to reading that short stories yet, though Emily has given me a few spoilers (not that I mind). Someone I didn't imagine Hunter to look like that, though. But thatsfine. Is that thing I spy on his wrist his weird stone-thingies, though? Cute details. I love details on book covers. 

But the Merrick brothers....*fangirl squeals* I didn't read the series too long ago so I haven't totally gotten over my fangirl crush on them yet. I can't wait to see how this develops. Hunter wasn't really explored in the last two books, so I hope we finally get some insight into his life outside of interactions with the Merrick brothers. Also romances in this series are all pretty interesting, so I'm totally looking forward to that. 

We seem to be missing one brother on the cover...is this a hint or did they just need 4 guys on the cover? *squint*

It's actually coming out on WEDNESDAY new week, so it's exactly 7 days!

And so let me sit and ponder over the possibilities of this book for the next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want my opinion on anything, or want to share your opinion on anything I've said, comment below!