Friday 21 June 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #6

Hey! So I'm currently in Australia on holiday, so I'm queuing this post. So I don't know the featured blogger, but be assured that I'll add them when I get back. Which should be in a few days.

This weeks question:

Share your favorite literary quote!

...
...
...
..
.
.
...Okay I have no idea.

What I really love is the opening line of Pride and Prejudice, though.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Because, from my url you should be able to tell that I'm a huge fan of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I don't know what to make about the new series, Sanditon, so I'm not reviewing it. It's getting weird and confusing. But I loved LBD, and also Pride and Prejudice, which I was a fan of long before I knew about the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Also a few months ago someone scrawled the quote on chalk by the stairs in school and I would flip out every time I saw it. Which was every day.

I love the irony in the quote as Jane Austen mocks the social standards of the time. She also pokes fun of the eagerness to marry off their daughters during that time, as Jane Austen herself remained single her whole life.




3 comments:

  1. Love that quote too! Lizzie Bennet Diaries is awesome:)

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an opening, right? I always here you have to have a killer opening line and boy that is definitely one of them. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your trip! Bloglovin and twitter follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she mocked the social standards of her time, just like I do our standards now, lol!
    Old Bloglovin' follower :D
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete

If you want my opinion on anything, or want to share your opinion on anything I've said, comment below!