Friday 5 July 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #7

Hey guys. I'm typing this half asleep, since it's about ten thirty (at night) in Singapore and I've had a pretty long day. But I promise that have this up since I forgot last week, which I just smashed my head over.

This week's featured blogger:



This week's question:

Today’s is the US’ Independence Day. Share your favorite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.

I usually try not to give the same answer as Parajunkee, but I have to say Ender's Game. I've been rereading the series, which is why I haven't been posting as much lately. It's once of my favorite series of all time, and it's perfection. The movie is coming out this November, despite having been filmed in February last year. Yup. Frustrating. It had a star-studded cast, with Asa Butterfield as Ender, Harrison Ford, Abigail Breslin, Hailee Steinfeld and Ben Kingsley. The trailer's out too. 

I love it because of the profound war strategies and the deep understanding of the human mind that is brought into question. And when I say Ender's Game, I don't just mean the first book, I mean the entire ridiculously long series. I've read most of them. 

Another series I have to say is Unwind, by Neal Shusterman. I've reviewed it before and it's again one of my favorite books. There isn't any war, but there is subtle rebelling against the government and I love it. It also touches on some very current issues while maintaining interest. I think a movie's in production too. So yeah.




4 comments:

  1. I'm terrified that the Ender's Game movie will be terrible, I really like that book.
    I went with The Torturer's Daughter

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw an extended trailer last night while out at the movies. It looks like it will be fantastic! Here's hoping right?? Happy Friday! Old follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Ender's Game in eighth grade and it has stuck with me ever since. Awesome pick! Newest follower via GFC!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey’s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Ender's Game soon because of the movie. Hopefully I'll be able to purchase a copy! It seems like something I'd really enjoy. I'm a bloglovin follower! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

If you want my opinion on anything, or want to share your opinion on anything I've said, comment below!